Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's still possible...even in a small amount of time...

I am reffering to spreading the gospel!Lettuce was needed for dinner tonight and I was the only one available at the moment to go to the grocery store and get it.I had to do it fast because dinner was almost ready and the kids were hungry.As I was driving down the road I thought this could be an opportunity to share with someone,but then thought well I don't have much time I don't think I will be able to.I got to the store,quickly got the lettuce and got in line to check-out.As I was standing there a lady came up behind me with two pizza's in her hands.I smiled at her and turned back around.Then I thought this is it,here is my opportuniy, while I'm waiting why not give it a try.I thought about it for few seconds,I tried to think of a conversation starter.I turned around and asked her if she is having a pizza night.She said yes,she also said that her husband is a cook but he is sick right now and since she isn't great at cooking she got some pizza for dinner.Then I told her about the lettuce,mentioning how many are waiting for it at home.She was surprised and that's when I got to share about the adoptions and God.Like I said there wasn't much time, but it was still something.When I shared she nodded her head without saying anything and just smiled.Shortly after that I saw my church pastor step in line right behind her.I was surprised!I got to talk to him a little bit,he was also getting things for dinner.It turns out he enjoys cooking for his family!So much happened in such a small amount of time.We need to take those opportunities when we realize that they are in front of us.Many times in the past I wouldn't because I was afraid to,I gained nothing but regret.Today though I'm glad I faced my fear and feel no regret!