Friday, June 8, 2012

Facing Failure...

Today my dad took the time to take me and one of my sisters to the DMV.I was about to take the road test.I wasn't confident that I would pass it,but I was hoping to.The man that took me out for the road test first took me to do the car inspection and to see if I knew all the controls of the vehicle.I got through that part,the next step was parallel parking.That was the next step and the last one for me today.I wasn't able to pass the parallel parking and move on to the road test.Facing failure didn't feel very good,but I know that if I keep trying I can succeed.My mom came with the idea to practice parallel parking on our drive-way in the front of our house.So this evening my dad set up four trash-cans in a rectangelur position and put a long piece of wood to count as a curb.Then he used chalk to mark the line that you are supposed to park on or past.It was very fun practicing tonight and helped me to get over my sadness about failing and gave me hope to keep moving forward.I quess life is like that,we fail,we find the strenght to get up and try again.Sometimes it's easy to blame God for not just magically helping us succeed in everything we want.I believe that he helps us alot but there are times that he gives us the choice to move.As the saying goes "you can't steer a parked car". This picture is of my sister Cate! Don't worry she passed her driving test long ago! The picture just seem to fit well with this post!