Saturday, May 12, 2012

Working...

Gardening,weeding,car washing,deck building and getting as much as we can done,equaled to what our day was like today.We all had a great day of work and are exhausted.It was a very long day and the weather was just perfect.I was reminded of a verse from the Bible today.It goes like this,"Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord not for man."I think it's reference is in Psalms.Our friend Mary shared this verse with us two years ago when she chose to spend the whole summer with us.She was on a mission(the college that she was going to has put her on) to spend a whole summer helping special needs children.She chose to spend time with us and made our summer unforgetable.She herself has a battle that she is fighting.Mary has had CF(Cystic Fibrosis)since birth.Spend time with her and you will know right away that a disease can't stop her joy.Not even once I heard her complain about God's will for her.She knows that she has so much to offer in this world and believes that living for God is the true meaning of life.She lives a pretty amazing life and encourages others as much as she can.At that time when she shared that verse with us it didn't mean much to me, because I didn't quiete understand what real serving should be like.Today it meant alot because when I felt like I was too tired and wanted to give up, I remembered that all the things that I do should be for God and that he deserves my best.