Friday, May 11, 2012

Sent...

There are times in our lives that God truly works through us.Tonight our church held a picnic for the ladies at our church.The girls in my family were all able to attend and be a part of it.My mom got to be one of the ladies speakers that shared about their life and encouraged others.She did a great job and wasn't afraid to share what she is most passionate about,which is adoption.Everything was great! I also found out that I've been calling one of the girls that I'm friends with the wrong name for quite awhile.When I first met her which was around this past winter she told me her name.It's an unusual but a pretty name,Anala.After I met her I went home and told my family that I met a nice girl and that her name was Alana instead of Anala.My family and I called her Alana since that time, until she told me tonight that her real name is Anala.I couldn't believe it and felt embarassed.Anala and her mom thought it was very funny.We ended up laughing about the whole situation.It was great fun! My favorite part about this night though was meeting an older lady.She was sitting at a table all alone and I was drawn to her.I went up to her and we started a conversation.She shared a little bit about her own life and she listened to me share about mine,we could have talked forever.There are some people that you meet and feel that connection to them right away and you have alot to say to each other.She was definetly one of those people.When my family called me over and said that it was time to go home I was a little dissapointed,because the conversation we were having was very good.She told me her name which was very unusual,so I can't remember it right now.I do remember that our names sounded similar,which is very neat.She told me that she believed that God has sent me to her and that she would not forget about me.I was touched by her words and was sure that God has sent me to her tonight to encourage her! I don't know if I will see her again but I know that I won't forget her either.