Sunday, May 6, 2012

Serving brings happiness...

On may 4th 7 teens from our youth group headed to Manassas,VA to serve.My two sisters and I were a part of this event.On May 5th we got an opportunity to serve all day long and at the end of the day felt like we have accomplished much.What touched my heart the most that day is seeing the look on the faces of the ones that were being served.It felt great to be able to help someone in need."The Big Day of Serving" will be the day I will not forget.It really helped me see some things more clearly,it become clear that there so many people out there that are in need.One of the teens in my group mentioned about how some people don't have enough food and they go through the trash at the retail store that he works at.I was surprised to hear that.So what can we do? What are we called to do? Few years ago I didn't believe in this,but now I believe we are meant to serve.Serve each day as much as we can and step in whenever we get an opportunity,it's a way to show Christ in your life and a way to show others you care.Plus it will make you happier,because you will know that you were able to make a difference in the world.