Monday, February 13, 2012

Promises

    This picture was taken last summer by my sister Leah (even though the date on it says otherwise,that's because the date setting on the camera wasn't ever set).It made me think of promises and how easy it is to break them.I'm still working on not making promises I can't keep.Recently I made one to God and just couldn't keep it.He has never done that to me!
   I looked up some Bible verses that mention about God's promises and found very interesting ones:
       "When the rainbow appears in the clouds,I will see it and I will remember the agreement that continues forever between me and every living thing on the earth."~Genesis 9:16
    As far as I know the whole earth hasn't been flooded ever since.Because God never ever breaks his promises!
         "He was too old to have children, and Sarah could not have children.It was by faith that Abraham was made able to become a father,because he trusted God to do what he promised."~Hebrews 11:11
   Little Isaac indeed was born.
        "Now the Lord has kept his promise.I am the king now in place of David my father.Now I rule Israel as the Lord promised,and I have built the Temple for the Lord,the God of Israel."~1 Kings 8:20
    Solomon did become a king.A wise king!
    "The command says,`Honor your father and mother`This is the first command that has a promise with it."~Ephesians 6:2
  That promise is a better life.True in every way!
  "I promised Moses I would give you this land,so I will give you every place you go in the land."~Joshua 1:3
   The Israelites got their Promise Land,just as it was promised.
 "God made a promise to Abraham.And as there is no one greater than God,he used himself when he swore to Abraham."~Hebrews 6:13
 I know he kept that promise! Our Father is a promise keeper and will be always and forever!