Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Recently I was reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan.This book was published  few years ago,but I just got to it this year.I liked many things that were written in it but most of all I liked this:
   the movie of life... God creates the world.People rebel against God (who is the main character),and He floods the earth.God makes Abram the father of a nation (I have nothing to do with this).Along come Joseph,Moses and many other ordinary and inadequate people (the movie is not about them).God picks,directs and works miracles through them.God sends judges and prophets to His nation wanting one thing that they don't give Him (obedience).The Son of God is born among the people whom God still somehow loves.He teaches His followers  what true love looks like.Then He dies,is resurrected and goes back up to be with God.The last scene holds the throne room of God where every being worships God who sits on the throne,He is worthy to be praised.The movie is obviously about God,He is the main character.We live like it's about us,it's not.Our scene,our brief life,falls between when Jesus ascends into heaven and when we will worship God on His throne in heaven.We only have two-fifth-of-a second-long scene to live.I want my two-fifth of a second to be about my making much of God.