Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blessings through rain drops...

 It sure has been a rainy July!.Almost everyday we have gotten atleast some rain and the sun doesn't seem to shine as much.I know that it's good to have rain,but it's not much fun to see the world looking so gloomy.I can't wait until our days start looking brighter,because I find it that those are the days that bring automatic smiles on many faces.Or maybe, I'm just ready for a change,because I do recall wanting rainy days when it was sunny.The reason would be is that rain does bring some rest.Staying in the house,watching tv,you know what I mean.Now I just thought of something that is very true about me and many people.We are never completely sattisfied.It's the condition of our hearts,having joy is a choice we have to make every single moment.Here I am wanting sunshine,but when I get it I forget how much of a blessing it is and  become desperate for rain.It happens in many areas of our lives not just weather.We never know what we got until it's gone.There is no easy fix for this forgetfulness to be happy with what you have.There is a difficult fix and that is to choose to be happy with what you have,because think for a moment about that something that you want in your life.If you get it and you don't know about this  "condition of the heart /choice to be happy with what you have",whatever you got will make you happy for a little while but as time passes by it will become unimportant to you,because you will be wanting something else that you think will make you happy.These are just thoughts that came to my mind when I was about to complain about the rain we've been having lately.Come to think of it I don't feel unhappy about it anymore.Without rain I wouldn't have experienced my first drive in the rain last week.I wasn't even afraid,ok I was a little bit because I remember singing "I'm gonna die".The fear didn't last though because I found out that driving in the rain isn't hard at all,it just takes more focus and reduction of your speed. Then we had some fun experiences mulching in the rain.We mulched with our youth group one Wednesday at a christian school and it started pouring on us.I still remember the fun we had,who knew mulching can be fun.Seems like mulching has been a great part of our lives this summer.I'm not even going to list the places that I've mulched at.I'm not complaining though,because serving is something that we all need to do.I'm not gonna lie I feel closer to God when I am serving and through serving I find it easier to show Christ's love to others.It also makes me happy! This morning there was some mulching to do at our house.Well we got it this morning and were going to do it tomorow.When two of my sisters and I came home from cleaning a house we saw that our brothers were out there mulching.Quess what? It was raining.One thing that amazed me is that they started working without being asked to and kept working even though it was raining.Now that kind of thing does show what  real man are like.I got to say I was proud of them.Then I would not forget our rainy adventure on the Appalachian Trail,it was unforgetable.Then on the way back from that trip I heard this line in a song that we were listening to on the radio "what if your blessings come through rain drops" and that made me think, what if? So there is nothing to complain about,rain or sunshine,choose inside your heart to have a happy day,because you only get to live this day once.